Lava and Hot Springs
Lava and Hot Spring — Half Day Tour — Tour that will bring you through active volcanic areas with hotsprings and otherworldly landscape then to the famous Blue Lagoon Spa.
Rekjanes peninsula is located to close to Reykjavik and is an active volcanic area on which you can witness peculiar contrast with two colorful hor spring areas, fumaroles and boiling mud pools. It is also home of endless lava fields, beautiful black sand beaches by the Kleifarvatn lake and the ever famous Blue Lagoon Geothermal Spa.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS TOUR:
– Lake Kleifarvatn with black sand and magnificent volcanic landscape.
– The unique hotspring area of Seltun with its hissing and bubling spring.
– Fishing village of Grindavik
– The ocean cliffs of Reyjanesta
– Gunnuhver hot spring area where telltales exists
– Endless lava fields and peculiar sharp contrast along the way
– Blue Lagoon Geothermal Spa
11:00 PM on Mondays and Fridays (September 5th – May 31st.)
12:30 PM Wednesday and Sundays(June 4th – August 31st).
Pick up from accommodation in Reykjavik starts 30 minutes before departure.
June 4 to August 31 the departure will be at 12:30 PM. (Every Wednesdays and Sundays)
September 5 to May 31 and departure will be at 11:00 PM (Every Mondays and Fridays)
6 and a half Hours
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
warm clothes, sturdy shoes or hiking boots and swimsuit
Bus tour, Expert tour guide, pick up from and drop off at hotels and guesthouses in Reykjavík (Entrance to Blue Lagoon NOT included)
Stay at the Blue Lagoon for as long as you want. You can even have dinner at the restaurant or at the café, or you can go to the Lagoon Bar. Departures from the Blue Lagoon to Reykjavik: 03:00PM, 05:15PM, 07:00PM, 09:00PM