The Northern Lights Bus Tour
EVENING TOUR – A great inexpensive northern lights bus tour to see the beautiful northern lights.
We head out of Reykjavik when the conditions are favorable. We constantly observe the northern lights forecast and decide around 5-6 pm whether the tour will run.
We believe the group size should not be more than 30 so we have this as our max limit. Other bus companies squeeze you into a 65+ person buses and therefore it can take a while for you to get in and out of the coach.
Each night we head in the direction having the most chances of seeing the aurora borealis. We can escape the light pollution of Reykjavik city and head in the direction where there is little or no cloud cover. On the road our guides will teach you about the northern lights and tell you some Icelandic folklore about trolls, elves and ghosts.
The night might become long and cold so remember to dress warm. Gloves, scarf, hat and an extra layer of clothing is not a bad idea. We will offer you as well a hot drink.
• The famous Aurora are natural phenomenon and can therefore not be guaranteed – even if the tour is operated – but of course the guide and driver to their very best.
• The northern lights bus tour operator decides between 5:30 pm and 6:00pm every day if the tour will be operated or not. Please phone the operator +354 – 5511166 on the day to find out if we are going or not.
• Most often northern lights images you see do not reflect the actual experience/sightings.
• We reserve the right to cancel at any time. In the case the tour is operated and the northern lights are not seen, the operator will offer the trip again for free!
• In the case you book a northern lights bus tour and the weather does not allow us to go during your stay – you will be fully refunded.
English speaking guide & bus tour. Kleina and Coffee
3 – 5 hours.
20th sept – 15th april
Estimated time of arrival around 00:30+
21:00 – Free pickup 20:30.