South Shore and Glacier Lagoon
DAY TOUR – Tour around the interesting places of South Iceland using air and land transportation. Some of the places you will see are: Jokulsarlon, Vatnajokull glacier, black beaches, and the waterfalls Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss.
The tour begins with a 60-minute flight to the southeast corners of Iceland. We will fly over many lovely places and you will get a chance to view the surrounding areas of the south from above.
Once landed,your tour guide will meet up with you at the airport of Höfn in Hornafjörður where you will get a guided bus tour. The bus tour will take you back along the stunning South Iceland to Reykjavik, where you can expect various stops to truly appreciate a close up of the south coast. The scenic drive will also let you see the great agricultural areas, view glaciers of all sizes, stop by the Glacier Lagoon and take pictures of the black sands and carved out mountains.
– The Glacier lagoon, Jökulsárlón. We will stop by the glacier lagoon to see the icebergs float to the ocean and even have the option to take boat tour zigzagging between the floating icebergs.
– A photo stop in the Skaftafell National Park while travelling back to Reykjavík.
– The sea side village of Vík with a black sand beach and ocean cliffs.
– Skógarfoss waterfall, the beautiful and photogenic waterfall.
– Seljalandsfoss waterfall where you can even take a short walk behind the waterfall.
So if you want to see the beauties of South Iceland in just one day and without spending a lot, this day tour is ideal. Rest assured, you will truly appreciate and love Mother Nature when you see these South Iceland natural wonders.
Departures Monday, Wednesday Friday at 8:55 AM from Reykjavík Airport. Pick up from accommodation starts at 8:00 AM.
1st of June – 10th of September
11 hours; Mon, Wed, Fri.
Pick up in the Reykjavík area. One way flight to Höfn in Hornafjörður. Guided bus tour from Höfn to Reykjavík. English-speaking guide. Drop off in Reykjavík area:
– Harpa (Concert Hall)
– BSÍ (Bus station)
– Laugardalur (Laugardalur Valley)
Optional boat tour at the Glacier Lagoon Lunch and refreshments.